Sunday, May 3, 2015

Finals Week is Upon Us

Believe it or not, finals week has finally arrived and crunch time begins.  It's so hard to imagine almost four months has passed by since we started classes in January and the end of a long, challenging, and crazy first semester has come oh so quickly.  However, I have three obstacles to overcome before a much needed week long break before the summer session begins.  There are names for my obstacles and they sound a little like this.....stress, sleep deprivation, and caffeine overdose.  Lovely and exciting names, I know, but in reality they are called histology, mechanisms of disease, and anatomical techniques.  On the bright side, we no longer have classes to attend, so it's the home stretch of just studying and focusing on everything we have learned from day one.  It's the latter part of the that sentence that scares me, EVERYTHING we have learned from day one.  Confidence is key for this week.

The schedule and make-up of the exams this week goes like this:

Monday at 10:00 am:  Histology (all multiple choice)
Wednesday at 10:00 am: Mechanisms of Disease (multiple choice, matching, and true/false)
Friday at 10:00 am:  Anatomical Techniques (multiple choice, true/false, short answer)

Even though the exams are cumulative, we are now at the point that we have been tested on most of the particular details of each chapter or section, so now it is more of big picture type of concepts and associations.  With tests covering so much material, it's really the only way all the most important material can be touched upon.  In my mind, that makes it a little less scary.

I suppose I shall get back to studying so I can get through this week and then prepare for a nice week off...that will be spent in Las Vegas,  YAYYYY!!! :) Happy studying to all!


3 comments:

  1. Thanks for all of the info, Hannah! I just applied for the program at WVU this past month and love reading all of the student blogs. Hope your exams went well! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Jennifer! You're very welcome. If you ever have any questions at all about the program, application process, interview, etc., just ask, that's what I'm here for! I wish you the best of luck and hopefully we'll be seeing you for an interview.

      Delete
  2. Thanks again, Hannah. I sent you a message in google hangouts (accidentally from my husbands' account, haha)...I got an interview!! I am so excited to be traveling up there next week! :D

    ReplyDelete